The average writer wastes countless hours agonizing over small pieces of their story while important problems are overlooked. Our content editors will illuminate the revisions that will make the biggest impact, taking your story to the next level.
Your desires for your own story are never sidelined in a content edit. We’ll learn what you care about and tailor our advice accordingly. You’ll receive specific suggestions for changes you can make, but you’ll also have the tools to carve out your own, unique direction.
How the Process Works
- To get started, simply order your content edit here. You may submit your work as a MS Word file, Open Office file, PDF, or as a link to a Google document. We accept both manuscripts and outlines (for outlines, please see our guidelines).
- We’ll check in with you about the editor you’ll be working with. We’ll recommend an editor based on your story and our availability, but you can also wait a few weeks to work with the editor of your choice.
- Once your editor is finished their first read, they will compose a written questionnaire designed to uncover the intent behind your piece and clarify what’s most important to you. You can answer those questions at your convenience.
- Once your editor understands your vision, they’ll deliver their recommendations. The recommendations will contain fresh insight on your story, explain how important storytelling concepts apply to your work, and present options for resolving issues the editor found. Recommendations will be delivered as a written document unless you work with Chris, who delivers them over Zoom and provides a recording afterward.
- After you receive your recommendations, you’re welcome to send your editor questions about your piece or about their advice.
Our Content Editors
Oren Ashkenazi has robust knowledge of history, warfare, and tabletop RPGs, which comes in handy for many speculative fiction stories. While he focuses on the core elements that hook audiences, including tension, character likability, and satisfaction, he is also adept at finding plot holes, problematic messages, and other issues that are easy to overlook. When suggesting revisions, he identifies changes that will have the most impact while creating the least amount of work for the writer. Learn more about Oren.
Oren clearly put the same level of thought into his development edit that I put into my novel … I’ve probably received close to a thousand edits over the years, and Oren’s was among the most helpful. I highly recommend him.
– Christopher Weber
Chris Winkle has special expertise in wordcraft, technology, magic systems, and internal arcs. As a theorist, she helps clients understand how the fundamentals of storytelling apply to their work in progress, addressing knowledge gaps that are holding them back. Instead of delivering written reports, she gives recommendations over Zoom. This makes it easy to ask and answer questions, allows ideas to bounce back and forth, and helps build excitement for the story’s next version.
Cost and Timeline Calculator
We’re currently available to take on new projects! This may not last long, so if you’d like to receive priority later, you can still get on our wait list.
If you get on our wait list, turnaround time is an estimate of how long your edit will take once we get to your order. While we periodically raise prices, you won’t be charged more than the price showing on this calculator at the time you sign up for our wait list.