Also known as developmental editing, content editing is the first step for writers with a completed or partial manuscript. Our content editors take a holistic look at your story and compare it to your vision as a storyteller and artist. Then we offer insight on your work and deliver clear directions for strengthening the foundations of your piece. A content edit imparts valuable lessons on storytelling, saves countless hours spent on unproductive revisions, and makes stories more popular. In addition to manuscripts and outlines, our content editors can review a diverse array of creative works.
Once your manuscript is in the final stages of production, it’s time for a copy edit. Copy editors make detail-level changes that reduce confusion, bring out your voice, and correct those embarrassing typos. The result is a manuscript that makes you look like the professional you are. After a copy edit, your readers will have a more positive experience and your story will have a stronger chance of success in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jump directly to the question on our FAQ page:
- What genres do you edit?
- Do you edit scripts or other non-book media?
- Can I get a critique like you did for City of Bones, Sword of Shannara, Eragon, etc?
- Can I get a content edit on just the first chapter or two of my novel?
- My draft is really really rough. Is that okay?
- Can I get a content edit before I start my first draft?
- Will you be making changes directly to my work?
- What do your written recommendations look like?
- What if I’m not sure what I need?