Completing a draft takes real commitment to your craft. Reward yourself by giving that draft the best chance of success. Our editing services transform the confusing process of evaluating and revising your work into clear steps with a finish line. Whether you are submitting your piece to a publisher or publishing it yourself, you can feel confident knowing that your work has been reviewed by a professional.
Also known as developmental or substantive editing, content editing is the first step for writers with a completed or partial manuscript. Our content editors take a holistic look at your story and compare it to your vision as a storyteller and artist. Then we offer insight on your work and deliver clear directions for strengthening the foundations of your piece. A content edit imparts valuable lessons on storytelling, saves countless hours spent on unproductive revisions, and makes stories more popular. In addition to manuscripts and outlines, our content editors can review a diverse array of creative works.
Once your manuscript is in the final stages of production, it’s time for a copy edit. Copy editors make detail-level changes that reduce confusion, bring out your voice, and correct those embarrassing typos. The result is a manuscript that makes you look like the professional you are. After a copy edit, your readers will have a more positive experience and your story will have a stronger chance of success in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Jump directly to the question on our FAQ page:
- What genres do you edit?
- Do you edit scripts or other non-book media?
- Can I get a critique like you did for City of Bones, Sword of Shannara, Eragon, etc?
- Can I get a content edit on just the first chapter or two of my novel?
- My draft is really really rough. Is that okay?
- Can I get a content edit before I start my first draft?
- Will you be making changes directly to my work?
- What do your written recommendations look like?
- What if I’m not sure what I need?