Since we’re discussing heroes with dark counterparts, we brought on a new guest host: Graham, who is basically evil Oren. With our evil new co-host, we discuss all the ways in which a villain can be used to show us the darker side of a hero, and how a hero can be used to create sympathy for the villain. We talk about what a villain needs to have in common with the hero to be considered a reflection, and what happens when writers try to force that connection.
- Captain William Adama and Admiral Helena Cain from Battlestar Galactica
- Harry Potter and Voldemort from Harry Potter
- Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader from Star Wars
- Korra and Kuvira from Avatar: The Legend of Korra
- Madoka and Homura
- ParaNorman (2012)
- Kamen Rider Gaim
- Star Trek: Voyager Equinox (Episode)
- Benjamin Sisko (Mirror) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
P.S. Our bills are paid by our wonderful patrons. Could you chip in?