Chris, Mike, and Oren discuss what a good beginning should accomplish. They analyze their favorite and least favorite openings, and describe different opening techniques. Mike raves about military scifi, Chris rants about unnecessary framing devices, and Oren actually defends something from criticism.
- Star Wars Title Crawl
- Establishing and Transitioning Atmosphere
- Game of Thrones Opening
- Starship Troopers (Book) vs Starship Troopers (Movie)
- Sisko Backstory
- Encounter at Farpoint
- 12 Monkeys
- The Keys to a Great Opening Scene
- Consider Phlebas
- 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Hellboy and Hellboy II
- The Fifth Element
- Old Man’s War and The Ghost Brigades
P.S. Our bills are paid by our wonderful patrons. Could you chip in?