While Mike is at home coughing himself to sleep, Chris, Oren, and Jim discuss how roleplaying systems succeed or fail at implementing mechanics that match their settings. They describe why systems need mechanics that fit their setting, and spend ten solid minutes discussing a Pathfinder spell that removes your skin and makes it walk around.
- Five Great Magic Systems in Roleplaying Games
- Torchbearer Is Fun – With House Rules
- Anima: Beyond Fantasy
- Skinsend, Pathfinder
- 7th Sea
- Song of Ice and Fire
- D20 Star Wars
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
- Cortex System: Firefly/Battlestar Galactica
- Spirit of the Century
- Fiasco Teaches Us to Love When Our Character Fail
- Changeling: The Lost
- Call of Cthulhu
- Legend of the Five Rings
P.S. Our bills are paid by our wonderful patrons. Could you chip in?