Chris, Mike, and Oren discuss how themes are a common part of worldbuilding. They describe worlds with memorable themes, contemplate how worldbuilders can add themes to their settings, and mention the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
- Dresden Files
- The Lies of Locke Lamora
- Old Man’s War
- Haven, from Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1
- Podcast: Utopias and Dystopias to Life
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Long Earth
- Four Sexist Themes From The Wheel of Time
- A Wizard of Earth Sea
- Symbiosis, episode about drugs from Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Five Destructive Myths Perpetuated by Roleplaying Games
P.S. Our bills are paid by our wonderful patrons. Could you chip in?