This week we address a listener question: How do you depict post-scarcity societies? This is hard since there haven’t ever been any post-scarcity societies to use as examples, but we’ve never let that stop us. Chris raises deep questions about what government and private property would look like in such a society. Wes dissects the implications of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Oren can’t stop saying “post-apocalyptic” when he means “post-scarcity.”
- Star Trek and Replicators
- Brave New World
- The implications of house elves in Harry Potter
- Find out about the iEverything in Robert Reich’s Saving Capitalism
- The Giver
- Jupiter Ascending
- The Player of Games
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Fallout Bottlecaps and why they make no sense
- The origins of Justice Bot 5000
- Oren was totally wrong, corporations are not legally required to maximize profits, though they often act that way. That’s why it’s important to check your sources!
Mythcreants relies on the support of readers like you. Help us create quality content by becoming a patron today.