We’re happy to take your questions about storytelling, roleplaying, writing, worldbuilding, and social justice. In return, we just ask that you be respectful of our time. We are very busy running the site, so we don’t have infinite time to answer questions.
We answer questions by email, and then we select a few for our public Q&A series on the site (you may opt out of this). Here’s what you should know before submitting:
- Most answers are never published. Oren and Chris answer questions every day, but only three of those are published each month.
- Fay answers a disability question once a month. Your question must be public for Fay to answer.
- Be specific and provide context. Vague and general questions are difficult to answer. Ask about something specific, and if it’s in regards to your work, provide us with some relevant context.
- If you need more than 300 words, it’s too complicated for a Q&A. Instead, considering paying for our time. We are available for brief phone consultations, just contact us.
- Be judicious about how many questions you send. If you have many questions you want answered, you can always pay us for a phone call.
- Feel free to reply. Make our day better by saying “thank you!” You can also send a quick follow up question, but sending another couple hundred words will make us less likely to respond.